Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hatchet (2006)

Bah, critics mislead me once more.

I saw Hatchet because i was curious. I mean, all that fuss about the movie - it should be good. Yet, i couldn't help it: in the end and across the movie, i was getting more and more disappointed. For a various amount of reasons: first, the story; second, special effects; third, the characters.

So, about the story, it indeed had much to it, but the excessive special effects turned the movie into something lame . I mean it wasn't necessary to watch Victor Crowley kill the old man like that. Just freaked me out. Anyway, it was saved by the terrifying atmosphere.

Moving on. Characters had some lame lines, and they tried to turn a scary movie into a comedy. So, it was excessive. Excessive special effects, and excessive comedy in an horror movie, made Hatchet fall into a 2-star rating.